NSW parents who adopt a foster child could be paid up to $37,000 a year as part of a state government push to provide secure homes for some of the state's most vulnerable children.
The new reforms would help to deliver support to 900 more children each year, on top of the 19,000 children already in foster care.
Minister for Family and Community Services Pru Goward told Sky News the move would break down financial barriers faced by some potential adoption parents.
'We had a lot of wonderful fosters careers, who had children for 5-6 years and would like to have adopted but couldn't because they were low income workers and couldn't afford to live and bring up that child,' she said.
'I would hate to think that adoption in Australia and NSW became only for a privileged few.
Decisions on behalf of your Children: The doctrine of ‘Parens Patriae’ in Australia
- Category: NSW DHS - FACS
- Created: Tuesday, 04 March 2014 20:49
- Written by Katherine Patricia Finch - FamilyLawExpress.com.au
Patriae means ‘parent of the country’ in Latin, and refers to the common law doctrine by which the Sovereign has an obligation to protect the interests of those unable to protect themselves, such as children and mentally incapacitated adults. For example, the State has a duty to protect children or the mentally ill who are abused or neglected.
In the earliest days of the doctrine in England, Parens Patriae was restricted to only the mentally incompetent, but in the seventeenth century, the Lord Chancellor extended the duty towards children as well.Parens Patriae jurisdiction does not extend to mentally competent adults, deceased persons or unborn foetuses.
"Pru Goward pushing to abandon our basic human rights"
- Category: NSW DHS - FACS
- Created: Sunday, 02 December 2012 21:15
- Written by Alecomm2
Pru Goward has recently released the Child Protection Reforms Discussion Paper entitled "Child Protection: Legislative Reform Legislative proposals: Strengthening parental capacity, accountability and outcomes for children and young people in State care".
We're taking a punt on the fact that many caseworkers are whinging about the Preliminary DoCS Complaints Registers, and regardless of whether they are or not, guilty of the alleged offence, Minister Goward is taking the offensive in that her Caseworkers aren't committing the crimes they have been accused of on the registers.
Sadly enough, Alecomm staff have viewed enough casefiles to know this is not true, and that too many caseworkers are getting away with blue murder, and the destruction of thousands of children's lives, all to just punish ghosts of their own past.
With so much documentation proving that caseworkers are committing crimes, including kidnap and blackmail, violating the International Covenant of Civil and Political Rights of both parents and children, and committing offences in the courts, offences that attract up to fourteen years plus jail, it is absolutely astounding that the Minister is turning a blind eye to it all.
More Articles ...
- We really need to get control freaks out of our government.
- Cootamundra DoCS Office involved in Forced Sterilisations
- *** UPDATE: Another foster child left for dead by Tweed Heads child protection caseworkers
- "Who is the Bigger ScrewUp? The DoCS Workers or the Foster Carers who make Kids call them Mum?"
- "Support Jadeine's Fight Against DoCS NSW Tweed Heads"
- "Why are DoCS Caseworkers only interested in cases of "alleged" abuse by bio-parents and not foster-carers"
- "DoCS Gosford send Non-Autistic boy to Autistic School at Terrigal"
- "The DOCS/FACS NSW Protest against Corruption"
- Gosford Hospital Midwives are Massive Promoters of Child Trafficking